Archive for Nov 2013

Books on Kennedy's Assassination

I was five years old when JFK was assassinated. JFK is the first president I remember and his death was a shock to me. Even at that young age, I wasn't immune to the magic of the Kennedys—maybe I could relate to him because he had children around my age. I had one of those calendars with all the presidents around the edges hanging up in my room. I remember drawing Johnson in after Kennedy was killed. I recently read four books that all bear on the Kennedy assassination. I didn't necessarily set out to study this, but I
Continue reading...

Fuse Funds! Thank You and Next Steps

Our Kickstarter campaign for Fuse has ended successfully. This was an exhilarating experience. Thanks to everyone who participated.
Continue reading...

My Truck Turns On My Office Lights!

I've connected by Fuse device to my office by means of a simple rule. Now my office turns on whenever I pull into the parking lot. This post describes how.
Continue reading...

Fuse Update: Free Data Service for Kickstarter Backers

We've figured out a way to include the data charge in the price of the Fuse device for our Kickstarter backers if we can reach a stretch goal of $75000.
Continue reading...

Persistent Compute Objects and the Fabric of Cyberspace

Persistent Computer Objects, or picos, give rise to a new way to build internet-based applications to separates app and user data. Users control their own picos and thus the data and processing on them. This presentation describes what picos are, the new programming model they support, and shows Fuse, a sample application built using this new model.
Continue reading...