Blogging on Marketplace

A feature by Bob Moon on Marketplace this morning talks about blogging. I'm in the piece, briefly. Bob contacted me before Christmas and we talked for about 45 minutes. I was in the studios at KBYU. Out of that 45 minutes, they used just a tiny snippet--the whole clip is only 3 minutes and 50 seconds and there are 2 or 3 other people in it. Here's what I say:

"Five, ten years ago, if you got bad service from a company, you told some of your friends. Now, I post it on my blog and 1000 people read it today. That is a much bigger voice."

The piece was supposed to air sometime right after Christmas, but the tsunami had a way of moving stories around.

I remember doing similar news pieces (local TV) in 1995 when the Web was new. Its interesting to see blogging going through the same evolution.

Its also interesting to see how the the story was made, given the interest in podcasting. I suspect Bob talked to everyone in the piece for about as long as he did me. He then put together a story around just a few quotes. I can easily envision how I'd do that with writing. I know from a technical standpoint how to do it with audio, but the process seems much more foreign--largely because of my experience, I expect.

Please leave comments using the Hypothes.is sidebar.

Last modified: Thu Oct 10 12:47:19 2019.