Wi-Fi and Wardriving Still Draw Interest

I was interviewed last week for a spot that aired today on KSL radio. I didn't hear it, but I've had a few people comment on it. The topic was Wi-Fi security and wardriving. Those are still topics that hold a lot of interest for a lot of people. Two of the most heavily trafficked pages on my web site talk about Wi-Fi antennae. Even more than a year after they were written they still show up in the top pages visited almost every single day. Most of that from Google.

The message I tried to get across was simple: for most purposes, Wi-Fi can be made secure with a little knowledge and work. Right now, most small businesses are either scared to death of Wi-Fi or blissfully ignorant of any security concerns whatsoever. All I'm preaching is a middle ground. If you're considering installing a Wi-Fi network and would like to make it secure, drop me a line and I'll hook you up with one of my friends who installs these things for a living and can make it work securely. Its certainly worth the small amount that it costs to do it right.

Please leave comments using the Hypothes.is sidebar.

Last modified: Thu Oct 10 12:47:21 2019.