A Few Mac Updates: Clicker and Konfabulator

I gave up on Clicker, at least for a little while. The trial ran out and I suspect it was making my machine unstable (at least Aqua). There are some reports on that and I started experiencing some weirdness after installing it. There's a new version out, but they want $10. I'll probably pick it up and try it out I'll let you know.

I also started playing around with Konfabulator at Colin Kelly's suggestion. Its pretty cool. Javascript and XML lead to interesting little applets. I like the clock, calendar, picture frame and weather applets. I didn't like the news aggregator applet which is what made me download it in the first place. It tries to hard to be "edgy" and in the process ends up being hard to use. Do I need these little applets? No. But they're cool eye candy.

Konfabulator is also shareware and has an annoying window that reminds you to pay and can't be dismissed or reduced. I'm waiting to pay until I play around with changing some of the scripts and actually programming the thing. I think the folks at Vultus ought to check it out.

Please leave comments using the Hypothes.is sidebar.

Last modified: Thu Oct 10 12:47:20 2019.